Full Moon Market 2019 – Friday 13th Sept
Full Moon Market
Friday 13th September
What an incredible community event!
Special thanks to Sally Mayman for Photography on the night
The Barrenjoey High School Full Moon Market went off without a hitch. Rides, market stalls, food stalls, music and happiness were in abundance. Fear was in abundance too! The Spooky Forest frightened some of Avalon’s finest.
These type of events cannot be put on without an incredible amount of cooperation and help from so many
The P&C firstly thank Ian Bowsher and his staff for aiding and abetting the P&C to get the event underway.
The music lineup, Flight Attendance, Josh Armitstead & Friends, Fifi Archibald and Momo Staines, Iona Thomson and Maren McHugh, Milly Wray, Polly Phelps and the Rions all provided incredible music. Special thanks goes to Carla van der Wallen for her organisation on the night. Big thanks to Felix Williamson also for MC ing the night.
The SRC outdid themselves with a Sno Cone stall as well as helping on the night. Thanks to Lani Blackman for her leadership of the SRC.
The fireworks were as impressive as ever! All Occasions Pyrotechnics again wowed us with a beautiful night sky as did the incredible full moon.
A special thanks to our sponsors, who, by financing specific items on the night, ensured that we had the infrastructure to run the event.
- Northern Beaches Council
- Penguin Graphics – does incredible work for us with our signage and posters
- Avalon Palm Beach Chamber of Commerce – sponsored the fireworks
- Avalon Earth Moving – Bucking Bronco Sponsorship
- Previous Next – Major Sponsor
- Red Clean – Major Sponsor
- Avalon Family Dental
- Oz Sports – Audio and Lighting sponsorship
- Beckenhams Optometrist
- Avalon Beach RSL
- Brown Bros Skip Bins – Stage Sponsorship
- Raffle Prizes – Avalon Law, Voss Store, Beaches Co Working, Bistro Boulevard, BBQ Factory, Tucker BBQs
Thanks goes to (* denotes that these people do not have kids at Barrenjoey and just help out from the kindness of their heart):
- Felix Williamson – MC for the night
- Geoff Bateman* – couldn’t do it without him
- Guy the Builder* – All the electrics and scaffolding
- Nick Sampson*, Nathan Wellings* and Peter Carter, Tammy Carter (and Angie, Chelsey and Eliza) – Lights set up and take down
- Di Cutrie – being one of the best organisers of a food market in town
- Felicity Hance*– Master of Coin
- Carla van der Wallen – music line up
- John Stone – music line up
- Tiffany Chapman *– first aid
- Flavia Julius – Cookbook Stall
- Teachers: Simon Flood, Jeff Brown, Sarah James, David Andrews, Jacob Corrigan, Bruce Scheffers, Dave Gavin, Cass Kennedy, Guy Hawson for so much
- Volker Klemm, Adam Clerke* and Jenny Parkes – organisers
- Mick Stanley Jones, Guy Hawson and Sally Mayman – Spooky Forest
- Spooky Year 12s. Kasey Cramer, Charlie Lewis, Cameron essenstam, Sarah Bradhurst, Skye Holloway, Zoe Esser, Zoe Kemp.
- Boyd Riley – what an incredible help – all day and all night!
- Virginia, Kelcy and for popcorn stall!
- Brenden Delaney – helping to organise the event
- Cheryl and Nick Rogers!
- Volunteers! Kathy, Tammy, Sara and Richard, Nicki, Kerrie, Clare, Beck, Moana, Skye, Vanessa, Krithia, Susie, Kellie, Sasha, Dan, Brianna, Paris, Sharee, Jo, Annette, Pauline, Peter, Lesley, Tracey and Matt, Julie, Kelcy, Virginia, Jemma, Michelle, Nikki, Imogen, Sue, Michelle, Rebecca, Danielle, Janelle and Nic and Emma Long.
We couldn’t have done it without my fellow organisers – Felicity Hance, Geoff Bateman, Claire Delaney, Di Cutrie and Volker Klemm who banded together to ensure that all sorts of fun things happened on the night.
Many Many thanks